Adult Study is an integral part of the Christian life. SUMC has many opportunities for adult study and fellowship. Feel free to visit any class or group.
- Bible study
- Book study
- Disciple study
- Discussion of current events or topics
- A Quiet Place – A contemplative worship experience More Information.
Disciple Bible Study
Disciple is a program of disciplined Bible study aimed at developing strong Christian leaders. It focuses on the disciple as learner, believer, followers, proclaimer, and servant while providing the fellowship of a small group for study, prayer, preparation, support and servanthood.
Disciple I is offered each year, other classes are offered in rotation. Contact the church office for current classes.
- Disciple I – Becoming Disciples through Bible Study* a 34 week overview of the bible
- Disciple II – Into the Word, Into the World a 32 week study of Genesis, Exodus, Luke and Acts.
- Disciple III – Remember Who You Are a 32 week study of the Old Testament Prophets (except Daniel) and the letters of Paul.
- Disciple IV – Under the Tree of Life a 32 week study of Ruth,, 1 and 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Ester, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Songs of Solomon, Lamentations, Daniel, John, 1, 2, 3 John, James, Jude, and Revelations.
- Jesus in the Gospels a 30 week study of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
- Christian Believer emphasizes the relationship of worship, belief and daily life. The beliefs of the Christian community, taught within the Christian community, equip the Christian community for living faithfully and for passing on the faith entrusted to it.
- Short Term studies
- Invitation to Psalms
- Invitation to John
- Invitation to the New Testament
- Invitation to the Old Testament
- Invitation to Genesis
- Participants are encouraged to graduate from Disciple I before taking other classes.
Centering Prayer Thursday Evening
Anyone interested in maintaining or starting a practice of daily silence will find encouragement and support.
The group begins at 7:00 PM Thursday evening at Sequoyah UMC with check-in with a 20 minute meditation. Then watch a video / listen to CD about an aspect of the contemplative journey. It is followed by informal discussion. The class will finish by 8:30 PM.
For more information, contact Dave Clark: email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 503-866-8104